noworldsystem.com


Cheney Likely Ordered Fake Letter Linking Iraq to 9/11

CIA Official: Cheney Likely Ordered Fake Letter Linking Iraq to 9/11

Raw Story
August 9, 2008

In damning transcript, ex-CIA official says Cheney likely ordered letter linking Hussein to 9/11 attacks

A forged letter linking Saddam Hussein to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks was ordered on White House stationery and probably came from the office of Vice President Dick Cheney, according to a new transcript of a conversation with the Central Intelligence Agency’s former Deputy Chief of Clandestine Operations Robert Richer.

The transcript was posted Friday by author Ron Suskind of an interview conducted in June. It comes on the heels of denials by both the White House and Richer of a claim Suskind made in his new book, The Way of The World. The book was leaked to Politico’s Mike Allen on Monday, and released Tuesday.

On Tuesday, the White House released a statement on Richer’s behalf. In it, Richer declared, “I never received direction from George Tenet or anyone else in my chain of command to fabricate a document … as outlined in Mr. Suskind’s book.”

The denial, however, directly contradicts Richer’s own remarks in the transcript.

“Now this is from the Vice President’s Office is how you remembered it–not from the president?” Suskind asked.

“No, no, no,” Richer replied, according to the transcript. “What I remember is George [Tenet] saying, ’we got this from’–basically, from what George said was ’downtown.’”

“Which is the White House?” Suskind asked.

“Yes,” Richer said. “But he did not–in my memory–never said president, vice president, or NSC. Okay? But now–he may have hinted–just by the way he said it, it would have–cause almost all that stuff came from one place only: Scooter Libby and the shop around the vice president.”

“But he didn’t say that specifically,” Richer added. “I would naturally–I would probably stand on my, basically, my reputation and say it came from the vice president.”

“But there wasn’t anything in the writing that you remember saying the vice president,” Suskind continued.

Read Full Article Here

U.S. plans surveillance buildup in Iraq, Afghanistan
http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/200..wl-u-s-plans-surveillance-buildup-in-ir_1.html

US-led soldiers kill 5 Afghan civilians
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=65965&sectionid=351020403

Fierce clashes near Afghan border
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7548744.stm

Kucinich: We did it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUuhKJYFUfg

 



Bush Ordered Fake Letter Linking Iraq To 9/11

Bush Ordered Fake Letter Linking Iraq To 9/11

Raw Story
August 5, 2008

A blockbuster new book from investigative journalist Ron Suskind adds another revelation to the growing canon demonstrating the lengths to which President Bush and members of his administration lied, misled and deceived the American people to pursue its invasion of Iraq.

Bush allegedly ordered the CIA to forge a handwritten letter from the head of Iraq’s intelligence service to Saddam Hussein that purported to link the Iraqi dictator to the ringleader of the hijackers who toppled the Twin Towers on 9/11, according to news accounts of Suskind’s new book, The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism. Such use of an intelligence service to influence domestic political debate could be an impeachable offense, Suskind writes.

Politico’s Mike Allen reports:

According to Suskind, the administration had been in contact with the director of the Iraqi intelligence service in the last years of Hussein’s regime, Tahir Jalil Habbush al-Tikriti.

“The White House had concocted a fake letter from Habbush to Saddam, backdated to July 1, 2001,” Suskind writes. “It said that 9/11 ringleader Mohammad Atta had actually trained for his mission in Iraq – thus showing, finally, that there was an operational link between Saddam and al Qaeda, something the Vice President’s Office had been pressing CIA to prove since 9/11 as a justification to invade Iraq. There is no link.” […]

The author claims that such an operation, part of “false pretenses” for war, would apparently constitute illegal White House use of the CIA to influence a domestic audience, an arguably impeachable offense.

The faked letter was first reported as genuine by the conservative London Sunday Telegraph in December 2003. Right-wing commentators and Bush defenders harped on that disclosure as evidence of Saddam Hussein’s involvement in the 9/11 attacks. According to Suskind’s book, the CIA had been protecting Habbush in the early months of the invasion; the agency persuaded the Iraqi intelligence chief to write the letter in his own handwriting and paid him $5 million.

CBS White House correspondent Bill Plante reported Tuesday that Suskind’s sources had seen a draft of the letter written on White House stationary.

The Way of the World is Suskind’s third book on the inner workings of the Bush administration, joining The One Percent Doctrine, which outlined the often extreme anti-terror policies advanced by the likes of Vice President Dick Cheney, and The Price of Loyalty, which painted a picture of the early day’s of Bush’s presidency with the help of ousted former Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill.

Predictably, the White House is unhappy with Suskind’s latest offering and the Bush administration is relying on its trademark push-back of insulting the messenger. White House spokesman Tony Fratto insulted Suskind, who won a Pulitzer Prize for his work with the Wall Street Journal, as a practitioner of “gutter journalism,” and called the allegations “absurd.”

Suskind appeared Tuesday on NBC’s Today Show for interviews about the latest book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M7HJnEPBqM

This video is from CBS’ Early Show, broadcast August 5, 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vTOtGe1cI

CIA Denies Making Fake Iraq/Al-Qaeda Link
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/2008080..Aht9ABZiuDR5rD.iWNyG9KMGw_IE

 



Lou Dobbs: New World Order Can Be Defeated


Lou Dobbs: New World Order Can Be Defeated

Popular CNN host attacks Bush administration for “shameless” destruction of sovereignty

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
March 7, 2008

CNN host Lou Dobbs says that the New World Order can be defeated but only if “Americans awaken and soon,” as he attacked the Bush administration’s “shameless” destruction of U.S. sovereignty on a nationally syndicated radio show.

“What we have permitted in allowing the Bush administration to have effectively further reduced our sovereignty and respect for our laws and certainly regard for our borders and our ports – it’s been a shameless, shameless period in American history that we’re going to have to reverse,” Dobbs told the Alex Jones Show.

Dobbs said that if people did not wake up to the unfolding North American Union agenda as well as the Trans Texas Corridor under the banner of the Security and Prosperity partnership, then America could “kiss its future goodbye.”

The CNN host said that the New World Order could be defeated, but only if the American people awakened and did it soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irkyi-YWocw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSDoyzMsdg8

Speaking on the subject of 9/11, Dobbs said the federal government had acted with deceit in failing to prevent the attack .

“We gave George Tenet a gold medal while the CIA failed to act intelligently or responsibly to stop that attack – I’m talking about a government that almost seven years after September 11th continues to leave our borders wide open and our ports insecure with 95% of what enters this country uninspected, it’s unconscionable,” said Dobbs.

During the interview, Dobbs also said that the U.S. economy is heading for a stagflation crisis as a result of the U.S. government’s policy of dollar depreciation and that the only solution is for the American people to restore a proper Constitutional system of government.

“We have the specter of stagflation staring at us coldly and inevitably right now,” said Dobbs, adding, “There’s no doubt that those who would degrade the sovereignty of this country would want to certainly the power, the strength, and the respect of the U.S. dollar and it is the last thing we should permit,” he concluded.

Click here to listen to the MP3 interview with Lou Dobbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMY3bHmnIw

 



Supreme Court refuses torture case

Supreme Court refuses torture case

AP
October 9, 2007

WASHINGTON – A German man who says he was abducted and tortured by the CIA as part of the anti-terrorism rendition program lost his final chance Tuesday to persuade U.S. courts to hear his claims.

The Supreme Court rejected without comment an appeal from Khaled el-Masri, effectively endorsing Bush administration arguments that state secrets would be revealed if courts allowed the case to proceed.

El-Masri, 44, a German citizen of Lebanese descent, says he was mistakenly identified as an associate of the Sept. 11 hijackers and was detained while attempting to enter Macedonia on New Year’s Eve 2003.

He claims that CIA agents stripped, beat, shackled, diapered, drugged and chained him to the floor of a plane for a flight to Afghanistan. He says he was held for four months in a CIA-run prison known as the “salt pit” in the Afghan capital of Kabul.

After the CIA determined it had the wrong man, el-Masri says, he was dumped on a hilltop in Albania and told to walk down a path without looking back.

The lawsuit against former CIA director George Tenet, unidentified CIA agents and others sought damages of at least $75,000.

“We are very disappointed,” Manfred Gnijdic, el-Masri’s attorney in Germany, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from his office in Ulm.

“It will shatter all trust in the American justice system,” Gnijdic said, charging that the United States expects every other nation to act responsibly, but refuses to take responsibility for its own actions.

“That is a disaster,” Gnijdic said.

El-Masri’s claims, which prompted strong international criticism of the rendition program, were backed by European investigations and U.S. news reports. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said that U.S. officials acknowledged that el-Masri’s detention was a mistake.

The U.S. government has neither confirmed nor denied el-Masri’s account and, in urging the court not to hear the case, said that the facts central to el-Masri’s claims “concern the highly classified methods and means of the program.”

El-Masri’s case centers on the CIA’s “extraordinary rendition” program, in which terrorism suspects are captured and taken to foreign countries for interrogation. Human rights activists have objected to the program.

President Bush has repeatedly defended the policies in the war on terror, saying as recently as last week that the U.S. does not engage in torture.

El-Masri’s lawsuit had been seen as a test of the administration’s legal strategy to invoke the doctrine of state secrets and stop national security suits before any evidence is presented in private to a judge. Another lawsuit over the administration’s warrantless wiretapping program, also dismissed by a federal court on state secrets grounds, still is pending before the justices.

Conservative legal scholar Douglas Kmiec said the Bush White House uses the doctrine too broadly. “The notion that state secrets can’t be preserved by a judge who has taken an oath to protect the Constitution, that a judge cannot examine the strength of the claim is too troubling to be accepted,” said Kmiec, a law professor at Pepperdine University.

The court has not examined the state secrets privilege in more than 50 years.

A coalition of groups favoring greater openness in government says the Bush administration has used the state secrets privilege much more often than its predecessors.

At the height of Cold War tensions between the United States and the former Soviet Union, U.S. presidents used the state secrets privilege six times from 1953 to 1976, according to OpenTheGovernment.org. Since 2001, it has been used 39 times, enabling the government to unilaterally withhold documents from the court system, the group said.

The state secrets privilege arose from a 1953 Supreme Court ruling that allowed the executive branch to keep secret, even from the court, details about a military plane’s fatal crash.

Three widows sued to get the accident report after their husbands died aboard a B-29 bomber, but the Air Force refused to release it claiming that the plane was on a secret mission to test new equipment. The high court accepted the argument, but when the report was released decades later there was nothing in it about a secret mission or equipment.

Press TV’ reporter in Afghanistan beaten by US forces
http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-22/0710094257002956.htm

US Air Raids Quietly Continue to Kill in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan
http://www.motherjone….7/09/5612_us_air_raids_in.html

U.S. warns against Turkish action in Iraq
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071009..yJ5AmOgr4c2COttqs0NUE

Iraq tells US to ditch Blackwater
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7035115.stm